Combat the Flu with Indian River Select

I had a near-death experience last year when I got the flu. It caught up with me at the worst possible time and place: on a girls’ trip with friends in New Orleans. Instead of enjoying everything the Big Easy had to offer like jambalaya, crawfish, and beignets, I was holed up in my hotel room feeling miserable. The pounding from the fever happening in my head felt like the thumping of a Second Line Parade. I returned to Tampa, missed several days from work, and lost ten pounds because I couldn’t keep food down. Luckily, I managed to not infect my children and husband, who were quarantined. (And let’s be honest, there is no sickness worse than a “man cold.”)

Photograph of me (far right) and friends in New Orleans before the flu kicked in.

This year, I’m doing everything possible to prevent me and my family from having another horrific run-on with the flu.

Where are we starting? With Indian River Select’s juice.

As background, I’ve been a long-time purchaser of this juice. Born and raised in Florida, I’ve been drinking juice my entire life and know that not all orange juices are created equally. Some are too sweet- packed with preservatives, artificial flavors, and added sugars. Indian River Select’s juices taste different because they taste BETTER and FRESHER. After just one sip, you can tell they are different from the rest. After all, their juices contain ONE ingredient: orange or grapefruit.

I have always been an advocate of supporting small, local businesses. Indian River Select is a company I can totally get behind, as it is one of the few premium juice companies that is 100% Floridian. This means EVERYTHING is done locally in Florida: from the growing to the picking to the packaging.

Now, back to the flu. An 8-ounce glass of Indian River Select’s orange juice is an excellent source of Vitamin C, potassium, folate, and thiamin- all nutrients that may help support, boost, and maintain a healthy immune system.

Other ways to combat the flu include moseying to the nearest pharmacy for a flu shot, staying hydrated, washing your hands properly, and supporting your immune system.

Finding Indian River Select juices is easy. They’re available at many accessible and national retail chains like Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Target, Publix, Whole Foods, and The Fresh Market.

Visit Indian River Select online to learn more – you can also download a discount coupon here.

Cheers to steering clear of the flu this flu season.

This post is sponsored by Indian River Select. All opinions are my own.

12 Comments on Combat the Flu with Indian River Select

1. Mike
      February 22, 2019 at 9:39 am (7 months ago)

Small world – we switched to Indian River when we moved to Florida years ago and have been loyal customers ever since. My stomach doesn’t handle vitamin C tablets or powdery vitamin mixes very well, so I drink Indian River by the gallon when I am not feeling well and it always seems to help.

2. Casey
      February 22, 2019 at 7:52 am (7 months ago)

I haven’t used this brand before. I can’t wait to try it! I’m hopeful you can have a “rain check” on that New Orleans trip – with OJ on hand.

3. Amanda
      February 21, 2019 at 4:44 pm (7 months ago)

Always looking for new recommendations for the girls! Love that there are no chemicals or preservatives. Csn’t Wait to try it. Thanks for the tip!

4. STEPHANIE
      February 21, 2019 at 2:44 pm (7 months ago)

Yesss! I have been looking for a better juice and this sounds delicious. And, need all the Vit C I can get with this crazy weather in DC! Stopping on my way home.

5. Amanda
      February 21, 2019 at 2:07 pm (7 months ago)

This is the best tasting OJ. Luckily, our local grocery store in VA sells it. It’s ustally a little more expensive than the other brands but I think it’s totally worth it- you can taste the difference. Plus, I only buy Florida OJ so this checks all the boxes.

February 21, 2019 at 2:41 pm (7 months ago)

Makes me happy to hear that you like it, Amanda!

6. Amy
      February 21, 2019 at 1:32 pm (7 months ago)

Indian River is the best!

February 21, 2019 at 1:36 pm (7 months ago)

I agree- it has the best taste.

7. Judy
      February 21, 2019 at 1:31 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks for the tip. While I had read that a good dose of Vitamin C helps with colds and such, thanks for the reminder. Always in the market for a good juice, and this one looks delicious. Stopping by Publix on my way home tonight to pick up a bottle.

February 21, 2019 at 1:36 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks- and I hope you enjoy.

8. Lindsay Denney
      February 21, 2019 at 1:31 pm (7 months ago)

Definitely putting it on my grocery list!!! Thanks for the recommendation.

February 21, 2019 at 1:36 pm (7 months ago)

Let me know how you like it!